ROGER D. COOK
+1 210 764 3726
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE QUALITY PROFESSIONAL
Engineer with an unparalleled record of solving complex problems, clearing extremely long delays. Tested and integrated varied systems and products to discern the "big picture," speeding up some tasks by as much as 95%.
Areas of Skill and Technical expertise include:
- Quality Assurance
- User Acceptance Testing
- System Integration
- Requirements Analysis
- Performance Testing
- Agile / Scrum
- Functional Testing
- Capacity Testing
- Test Driven Development
- Regression Testing
- Root Cause Analysis
- Technical Training
- LANGUAGES (WRITING):
- LANGUAGES (TESTING):
- Proprietary Languages
- Packet Data
- Nortel Networks
- Fujitsu Network Communications
- RSA Archer
- HP/Mercury Quality Center
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Signal Generator
- OPERATING SYSTEMS:
RSA, The Security Division of EMC
Overland Park, KS
2012 - 2013
SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER
Wrote and ran test cases on RSA's state-of-the-art Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance software, Archer. Drove improvements through Agile / Scrum methodology and Test Driven Development.
- Wrote and executed tests for a feature that had not been disclosed to QE, completing testing in 2 weeks, 2 4 4 weeks faster than usual.
- Evaluated full regression suite, determining about 20% of test cases were unnecessary.
2011 - 2012
Conducted projects for clients, such as:
THE NIELSEN COMPANY
2009 - 2011
Ran unique research lab to determine SS7 signal responses for different carriers, phones, and devices in order to determine signatures for Nielsen's Flowshare product suite.
- Enabled trial of international Flowshare testing by developing solution to query phones in Belgium, Poland, and Romania via SS7 using the equivalent of the NANPA LERG and NPA/NXX codes.
- Allowed testing of previously untestable devices such as Amazon Kindles, utilizing innovative techniques to reveal characteristics such as phone numbers.
2008 - 2009
- Zero Chaos (Client: Ericsson, formerly Nortel Networks)
System Upgrade Technician
- Upgraded live cellular systems in short time, preserving and enhancing their functionality.
- Lowered company's and client's costs by quickly learning how to upgrade multiple parts of the system, while other consultants specialized in a subsystem, enabling the company to send fewer resources to customer sites.
- Wipro Limited (Client: Fujitsu Network Communications, Richardson, TX)
- Tested state-of-the-art ROADM and DWDM transmission equipment, writing test cases and other documentation, executing, and documenting any non-compliances found, and pursuing to resolution.
- Shaved hours off runs of common tests by automating several procedures using Tcl and Expect.
Formerly Nortel Networks
1996 - 2008
Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications)
The University of Texas at Dallas